The VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology (PSB) is a world-leading plant science institute located at the heart of a renowned Plant Biotechnology campus in Ghent, Belgium. Its mission is to unravel plant biological processes and translate this knowledge into value for society.
The Systems Biology of Yield group, headed by Dirk Inzé and Hilde Nelissen at PSB are looking for a postdoc bioinformatician for 3 years. The position will be funded by an ERC advanced grant (BREEDIT), awarded to Dirk Inzé, to develop a novel breeding strategy using multiplex genome editing in maize.
The successful candidate will design the amplicons and the sgRNAs and develop a database and visualization tools to capture all phenotypic and ‘editing’ information of all genes and individual plants during the course of BREEDIT.
· Candidates must hold a PhD or equivalent by experience
· Experienced in designing, conducting and analyzing large-scale, high-throughput, NGS-based genotyping and troubleshooting strategies.
1分快3 · Experience in developing bioinformatics pipelines for design and analysis of CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing: including phylogenetic analysis, target gene selection, multiplex guide and multiplex amplicon design, NGS sequencing and genome-edited variant detection, functional effect classification, integration of genotypic and phenotypic data in central database, genotype-phenotype correlation analysis。
· Fluent in programming languages commonly used in bioinformatics (Unix, Python, R, SQL)
· Keen on interdisciplinary research (plant physiology – bioinformatics – biotechnology – genomics – phenomics)
· Team player, pro-active, good communication skills.
A 3-year postdoctoral position from September 1st 2019 with an internationally competitive salary and benefits。 The researcher will have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and services and be part of a highly collaborative and supportive working environment。 Various training and leadership opportunities are possible to broaden your expertise and skills。
How to apply?
Submit your application through the VIB application tool。 Be sure it includes:
· A detailed CV
· The names and contact details of three references
· A 1-page letter of intent describing how your research experiences and interests are aligned with this job offer.